Our work is ongoing, as new rules are developed almost perpetually that take into consideration advances in technology and materials. As you can imagine, support of the Sailing Yacht Research Foundation is a constant necessity.
You know our work. You know the value of the standards that contribute to the leveling of the yacht racing playing field. Take this opportunity to help ensure that this necessary research and development continues well into the future by becoming an active member of our support team!
We are seeking a broad spectrum of support from the sailing community so that SYRF may continue its research and development. Our work is funded primarily by the generous donations made by sailors like yourself with whom we share a passion for this great sport.
A SOLID START
- SYRF has a $500,000 endowment corpus
- First $100,000 Challenge grant met in February, 2013 - Thank you!
- A second $100,000 Challenge grant was just met in April 2014 - Thank you!
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
- Immediate Term: Funds now available to pursue ongoing initiatives in the SYRF-supported research agenda
- Short Term: LEADERSHIP. Your leadership giving sets the tone for your peers to follow.
- Long term: PERPETUITY. SYRF is an endowment fund. Therefore, your gift will support projects funded by SYRF well into the future, creating a legacy.
AREAS OF GIVING
- Unrestricted Operating
- Unrestricted Endowment
- Restricted/ Named Endowment (minimum amount to establish an endowment- contact a board member for more information)
- Special Projects
- Wide/Light Boat Residuary Resistance
- High Performance Rule
- Research Library
- Educational programs
LEVELS OF LEADERSHIP GIVING
MegaMaxi: $75,000 - $99,999
SuperMaxi: $50,000 - $74,999
Maxi: $25,000 - $49,999
MiniMaxi: $10,000 - $24,999
Offshore: $5,000 - $9,999
Inshore: $1,000 - $4,999
Donations can be set to automatically donate a fixed amount, weekly, monthly or yearly. If you would like to further assist the Sailing Yacht Research Foundation (SYRF) by establishing a named endowment, please contact the office by email.
For a one time donation:
For a monthly donation:
If you prefer to send a check, please mail to the address below. All donations are tax deductible and will receive a receipt from SYRF, an operating 501(c)(3) foundation.
Checks payable to: Sailing Yacht Research Foundation
Sailing Yacht Research Foundation
1643 Warwick Avenue, Box 300
Warwick, Rhode Island 02889